Insolvency-proof guarantee according to ElektroG
Do you manufacture, sell or import electronic products in Germany?
If you manufacture or sell electronic products in Germany or import them to Germany, then your business model must comply with Germany’s Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG). Among other things, the ElektroG requires you to register electronic products with the national register for waste electrical equipment (stiftung ear) before market relaunch. In order to register them, you will need to provide an insolvency-proof guarantee. This guarantee ensures that in case a company goes bankrupt, the electrical equipment already sold can be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way. You can get such a guarantee via our collective guarantee system.
However, providing an insolvency-proof guarantee is only one of your legal obligations. Through our weee full-service, we provide all the necessary services to ensure that electronic equipment is sold in compliance with the law.
Guarantee for disposal of electronic devices
In order to obtain a WEEE number, companies must register with stiftung ear and report regularly on their sales figures. When registering, companies must supply a guarantee covering the entire product life of their electrical equipment. This can result in very high costs.
Both individual and collective guarantee solutions exist. Every guarantee is checked by stiftung ear. In 2005, weee full-service developed the first recognised guarantee system for electrical appliances in collaboration with partners such as Siemens, Deutsche Telekom and Vodafone. Nowadays, our guarantee is worth half a billion euros, by far the highest volume on the market. Our customers can benefit from our competitive conditions:
- Low premiums for the guarantee thanks to external risk protection via the Zurich Insurance Group.
- Low guarantee fees: No advance financing of the guarantee charges across the entire lifespan of the product and therefore no pressure on liquidity or credit line. The annual premiums is therefore at the beginning much lower than those of other guarantee systems or individual solutions.
- No additional fees payable for up to 2-3 adjustments in the quantities per year.
Our collective guarantee has been checked and is recognised by stiftung ear. Your advantages:
- Quick processing by stiftung ear. Our experiences and our collective guarantee system significantly reduces the time taken to process your Registration (in comparison to individual guarantees). Thus, you can put your products on the market more quickly.
- Retroactive protection possible: If you sold more devices in recent years that originally planned, you can receive protection for back-dated periods back to 2010 from us.
You can switch to our collective guarantee system at any time. Obtain a tailor-made offer.