Do you manufacture, sell or import electronic products in Germany?
Then your business model must comply with Germany’s Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (WEEE Directive - ElektroG). Among other things, the ElektroG requires you to register electrical and electronic equipment before market launch, to apply for a WEEE number and to regularly report the sold quantity.
However, registering and reporting product sales to stiftung ear are only some of your legal obligations. Through our weee full-service, we provide all the necessary services to ensure that electrical and electronic equipment is sold in compliance with the law.
Registration with stiftung ear
Before market launch of electrical and electronic equipment, you must first register with stiftung ear. Only when your registration has been processed and approved by stiftung ear will you receive a WEEE number after which you can commence selling your products. When completing your registration, a number of points need to be observed. For example you have to give details of your company, your brands and your waste disposal contractor, as well as providing an insolvency-proof guarantee. If the application is not completed correctly, the registration procedure may be delayed by several weeks. Incorrect applications can lead to additional expenses. We can handle the entire coordination with stiftung ear and thus ensure:
- Registration with stiftung ear
- Registration of all products and brands
- Issuing of a WEEE number by stiftung ear
Reporting to stiftung ear
After registering, you must regularly report in the ear system. These include, for example, monthly reports on sales volumes and annual final reports on the equipment sold (in tonnes), as well as additional reports. You must also carry out update and supplementary registrations in the ear system, e.g. if the name of your company has changed or if you want to register additional products or brands. Drawing on our services, you will be on the safe side:
- Reporting and updating in the ear system
- Punctual reporting: we send out reminders by email to make sure you don’t miss any deadlines and avoid fines.
- Accurate reporting: our plausibility checks reduce the risk of entering incorrect details into the ear system.
We can help you to sell your electronic products quickly and in compliance with the ElektroG. While you focus on your core business, you will be benefiting from our years of experience in working together with stiftung ear.
- Quick registration procedure: thanks to many years of experience with the ear system, we can register you quickly..
- Minimal effort: you report your quantities to us and we take care of the rest.
- No fines: we pass on all the relevant information to stiftung ear on time.
- No hidden additional cost: the price covers the registration of several brands.