Brexit for the CE mark: UKCA marking replaces CE

Great Britain is leaving the European Union. However, what is probably known so far also comes with it changes in the CE marking, which are probably not yet familiar to everyone.

Because the CE mark will soon no longer play a role, at least not for England, Wales and Scotland.
The new product marking, which will be used here from 1 January 2021, is called: UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed)

What happens to your stock?

Existing goods that are launched before January 1, 2021 can still be sold with the old CE mark.

How long do you have time?

The second good news is that there is a transition period of one year, until January 1, 2022, at least for most cases.

The exception proves the rule.

You will have to take care of the new UKCA labelling already January 1, 2021, if your product: 

  • is to be launched in Great Britain,
  • falls under legislation requiring the UKCA mark,
  • requires mandatory conformity assessment by third parties, and
  • the conformity assessment for it has been carried out by a British conformity assessment body and you have not forwarded your documents to an EU notified body by January 1, 2021.

You are not alone with your problem

We can help you prepare for the brexite and make your products UKCA compliant. Feel free to contact us.

More about our UKCA service

Related links:

Further Services